Financing Your Projects
For over 15 years, NSF has maintained relationships with project funders – including the European Commission, the United Nations and the World Bank – within the framework of its international development aid activities. We have also been collaborating with key players in the retail, catering and food industry since 1990.
NSF is an expert in international development projects and can:
- Establish the needs of private organisations
- Define the specific demands of the project funders
- Ensure that private projects meet project funder expectations
Strategic Alliance With Belgian Bankers Academy
In 2015, NSF and the Belgian Bankers Academy (BBA) entered into a strategic partnership. The BBA works in the banking, financial and insurance industries in Belgium and internationally. It focuses audit and consultancy, training and private sector development.
“This partnership strengthens our approach by bringing financial industry skills and expertise, notably for our activities in institutional financing for private sector companies”
Co-Operating With Project Funders
NSF provides a broad range of activities in development aid which are financed by important project funders, with active projects in more than 30 countries. When working on development projects and providing technical guidance, NSF relies on its internal specialists (vets, agricultural engineers and MDs) and its team of project and backstopping managers.
Food Chain Services
Institutional Capacity Support for Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS)
- Supporting the proper authorities in food chain security
- Drafting legislation and regulation related to food security
- Training inspectors in all legislation concerning food, traceability, RASFF (Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed), feed, nutritional information and labelling, chemical and biological safety, and food hygiene
- Advising on organizing official audits
Quality Infrastructure and Conformity Assessment Authority Support
- Supporting regulatory authorities in drafting standards
- Supporting accreditation authorities
- Supporting conformity assessment authorities: laboratories and inspection (ISO/IEC 17025, ISO/IEC 17020)
We provide training, advice, research, implementation, coaching and audits (to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and quality security environment systems).
Food Safety Management Systems
We provide training, advice, implementation, coaching, control and audits (HACCP, best hygiene practices, ISO 22000, IFS, BRC and traceability).
Agriculture Expertise and Advice
- Expertise and advice in agricultural production, crops, livestock, aquaculture and fisheries
- Expert advice on date production
- Support for cooperatives and associations
- Sector studies
Development Aid for the Food Industry (Including SMEs)
- Diagnostics and upgrade plans
- Sector studies and development of value chains
- Studies on strategic positioning
- Market studies
- Feasibility studies
- Activity planning
- Management of product systems
- Implementation of upgrades and industrial development
- Technical support in human resources, management, administration and finance